Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bridgeford Herbed Rolls

I know the holidays have past, but me and my family just can’t get enough of these browned bunned rolls.  Bridgeford rolls are found in the freezer section of most grocery stores.  Before you make these rolls, you need to thaw them out 1 day in the refrigerator.  My mom actually inspired me to make these rolls with herbs because she usually makes them for our holiday dinners.  I just use whatever herbs I have on hand to create these rolls.  I know these rolls take a lot of time to make, but they are so worth it.  You will never buy store bought rolls again.

Found in the freezer section.

Oregano (I purchased this from Lucci's deli), but any oregano brand will do.
 

Use a pretty baking dish to display these works of art.

All rose up and ready to get browned!



 Good things comes to those who wait with hungry tummy's!



 Recipe
1 package Bridgeford Rolls (thawed out)
6 TB melted butter
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp oregano
½ tsp garlic salt
Place rolls in a baking dish sprayed with Pam and give each roll room enough to expand.  (They will double in size in a few hours so they need breathing room).  Mix butter with herbs and pour over the rolls.  Cover the rolls with a clean dishcloth and put covered rolls in a high area (try the top of your refrigerator) where it can be free from drafts. Check on rolls in about  2 ½ to 3 hours and they should be puffed up ready for the oven.  Preheat your oven to 375F and place rolls in.  Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until they are golden brown. 
DEVOUR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment