Thursday, March 15, 2012

Casey's Cupcakes

 
Who likes Food Network??? Well, I just LOVE watching Ina Garten, Bobby Flay and don't forget Mr. Tyler Florence.  They have all kinds of shows on that network (except my show) and one of them is Cupcake Wars.  I watched it when Casey was on there and she was so adorable and her cupcakes looked really really good.  She won one of the episodes and now she has opened up her very own cupcake shops throughout So. Cal., so I was SUPER excited to go and try.  I tried the one in Fashion Island in Newport Beach and it looked like a pink cotton candy safari in there.  REALLY cute with pink pens, pink t-shirts, pink key chains and of course pink cupcakes. There were a few choices and I couldn't really decide and so I asked a team member there what she would suggest and I ended up with the Marvelous Milk Chocolate and a Vivacious Vanilla (cute names too).  They were both decorated very well and I couldn't wait to dig in.  (Remind you, that I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Sprinkle's cupcakes and so I was really looking forward to something that would be even better than Sprinkle's).  Presentation inside and out I would give them a 10, but taste......, I would have to give them a 3.  I was actually really disappointed in the cupcakes.  They reminded me of a Duncan Hine cake mix that you would buy at the grocery store.  Now, I will totally buy a box of cake mix, when I'm strapped for time, but I was definitely expecting a bit more from Casey's. 

So........I am back on the Love train to Sprinkle's.  I guess if I need a cute pink pen or something I would revisit.

MARVELOUS MILK CHOCOLATE

VIVACIOUS VANILLA


DISPLAY CASE

1 comment:

  1. That's good to know, thanks for the heads up! Now, LET'S GO TO SPRINKLES!!!!!

    ReplyDelete